[GRASS-user] SVN access: problems

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 11 03:35:46 EDT 2009

Paulo wrote:
> not sure if this is the right place.

as good as any

> I was trying to checkout grass 7.0 from svn, but I get
> errors:
>
> $ svn checkout http://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/trunk grass_trunk
> svn: OPTIONS of 'http://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/trunk': could not
> connect to server (http://svn.osgeo.org)
>
> the same on https.
>
> Also, that happened while I was trying to checkout QGIS too.

maybe a temporary server problem? does it work now?
"svn up" works for me.

> I recall having write access to the grass tree a while ago,
> but since I haven't commited for a long while, I am wondering
> if I am still privileged =]

I doubt this has anything to do with checkout problems.

but, AFAICT you had write access to the old CVS but currently do not
have write access to the OSGeo grass-SVN. To get SVN write access you'd
need to send an email to the grass-psc list agreeing to RFC2 as described
in  https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/HowToContribute

.... because you were already accepted with write access you are not a
new committer and so do not have to go through a repeat vote.

Hamish