[GRASS-user] r.terraflow.short no output, failed

Falk Grossmann fgrossmann at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 04:34:03 EDT 2009

Dear Grass users,

I am having some problems getting something useful out of r.terraflow.short.

I have a fairly large rasta (Data type CELL, rows: 12,500 columns: 6,250
total: 78125000). My final objective is to get a watershed basin limits and
river network. Since the rasta is large and in integer for I have tried
using r.terraflow.short. However the command finished in 0 sec and no
outputs are generated. The message is as follows:
*
stats.out: File exists
STREAM temporary files in /var/tmp  (THESE INTERMEDIATE
STREAMS WILL NOT BE DELETED IN CASE OF ABNORMAL TERMINATION
OF THE PROGRAM. TO SAVE SPACE PLEASE DELETE THESE FILES
MANUALLY!)
file stats.out exists - renaming.*

when changing the name of the stats.out file I get the following:

*r.terraflow.short -s --overwrite --verbose
elevation=431112 at Imatongfilled=1fld direction=1dir swatershed=1snk
accumulation=1acc tci=1tci
memory=100 stats=3stats.out*

cell 431112 header compatible with region header
Elevation stored as SHORT (2B)
Region size is 12500 x 6250
STREAM temporary files in /var/tmp  (THESE INTERMEDIATE
STREAMS WILL NOT BE DELETED IN CASE OF ABNORMAL TERMINATION
OF THE PROGRAM. TO SAVE SPACE PLEASE DELETE THESE FILES
MANUALLY!)
file 3stats.out exists - renaming.
ami_single_temp_name: mkstemp failed: : No such file or
directory
Assertion failed: 0, file ami_stream.cc, line 75
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it
in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more
information.
SFD (D8) flow direction
D8CUT=999999986991104.000000
Memory size: 100.00M (104857600) bytes
Memory manager registering memory in MM_WARN_ON_MEMORY_EXCEEDED mode.

I have no idea what those two failed indicatores refere to...

Am I missing something here? Any tips or help would be great!

Thanks,

Falk