[GRASS-user] Problem with v.dissolve with the sqlite driver

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Tue Jun 16 16:00:17 EDT 2009

I have had the same error message when trying to
store data in an SQLite DB file, using v.out.ogr.
Not even a very basic points map would work.
Only the first record, including geometry
and attributes would stored correctly, after that
every record would fail with:

"SQL logic error or missing database"

Unfortunately, this error is very unspecific. Like
SQLite's way of saying "something went really wrong,
but I have no clue what it was".

The problem seems, however, to be on the GRASS side
of things. I am inclined to believe this, because
ogr2ogr had no problems whatsoever dumping the exact
same dataset into the exact same SQLite file.

I tried finding the problem in the GRASS SQLite driver
for some time, but no luck.

Sorry about not being able to offer a solution at
this point. It is something that needs looking into.

Ben