[GRASS-user] Re: GIS Manager map properties (wxpython)

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Tue Jun 16 18:28:53 EDT 2009

> By the way, I just started using the WxPython interface for good and I
> got to say it's great. The only drawback is that it's slower than the
> tcltk interface. But that is probably due to my very weak and old
> laptop (1Ghz Transmeta Crusoe processor)
I noticed that also.
I use a Intel multi-core 2x1.66Ghz. 1GB RAM.

Are the GUI program files byte-compiled into *.pyc files during install?
Maybe this can speed up.

I do not have any experience with further optimasation such as using psycho.

I also wanna add that the new GUI is just marvelous and makes a lot more
fun to use.

Best regards,
Timmie