[GRASS-user] v.delaunay Bug in Mac OS X

Michael Perdue michael_perdue at yahoo.ca
Tue Jun 16 18:50:15 EDT 2009

Hi,

v.delaunay is generating incorrect results on Mac OS X on my machine
(Intel Mac Pro, Leopard, W. Kyngesburye's GRASS 6.4-RC5 binaries). The
following commands give the results below;

echo "456490.2375|5905949.8625|1
456690.09166667|5905895.5625|2
456570.93333333|5905821.65416667|3
456579.22916667|5905881.9875|4
456494.00833333|5905859.3625|5
456673.5|5905819.39166667|6
456601.85416667|5905782.4375|7
456604.11666667|5905944.58333333|8" | v.in.ascii -n
output=DelaunayPoints cat=3

v.delaunay input=DelaunayPoints output=DelaunayTriangles
	Building topology for vector map <DelaunayTriangles>...
	Registering primitives...
	12 primitives registered
	24 vertices registered
	Building areas...
	100%
	4 areas built
	1 isles built
	Number of nodes: 8
	Number of primitives: 12
	Number of points: 0
	Number of lines: 0
	Number of boundaries: 12
	Number of centroids: 0
	Number of areas: 4
	Number of isles: 1
	Number of incorrect boundaries: 4
	Number of areas without centroid: 4
	WARNING: Unable to calculate area centroid z coordinate
  	100%
	Building topology for vector map <DelaunayTriangles>...
	Attaching islands...
  	100%
	Attaching centroids...
  	100%
	Number of nodes: 11
	Number of primitives: 15
	Number of points: 0
	Number of lines: 0
	Number of boundaries: 12
	Number of centroids: 3
	Number of areas: 4
	Number of isles: 1
	Number of incorrect boundaries: 4
	Number of areas without centroid: 1

g.region vect=DelaunayPoints

d.mon x0
d.vect DelaunayTriangles
d.vect map=DelaunayPoints color=red width=0 icon=basic/circle size=10