[GRASS-user] Re: New WinGrass Release (6.4.0RC5)

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Jun 16 20:49:50 EDT 2009

Tim Michelsen wrote:

> >> icons) but the wxpython GUI still does not include vector digitizing
> >> (wxvdigit) or 3d visualization (wxnviz).
> > the last time I ended up in the hell of mixing libraries built using
> > mingw (GRASS) and msvs (wxpython). Currently I have no time for this
> > kind of "fun". If somebody put on wiki instructions how to overcome
> > this problem I will be happy to fix MS Windows related bugs to make
> > these extensions working under MS Windows.
>
> Are there any instructions for achieving this on Linux?
> I self-compiled and installed GRASS.
> But wxvdigit or wxnviz are not present.
> v.digit would still call the old GUI.

Running "v.digit" from the command line will invoke the standalone
program. The wxPython digitiser can only be inoked from the wxPython
GUI.

To build the wxPython digitiser, you need to use --with-python and
--with-wxwidgets when running configure. Without these options, you
still get the basic wxPython GUI, but not the wxvdigit and wxnviz
extensions.