[GRASS-user] Re: GIS Manager map properties (wxpython)

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 17 04:15:27 EDT 2009

Tim wrote:
> Are the GUI program files byte-compiled into *.pyc files
> during install?

not sure what happens in the installer, but if not that should happen
automatically the first time you run it, assuming you have write
permissions in the install directory.

fwiw using the rc5 native wingrass installer I seem to have only .py
files in $GISBASE/etc/wxpython/, but do see .pyc in $GISBASE/etc/wxpython/gui_modules and $GISBASE/python.

(and as you might expect wxgui.py is slow to start)

???

> I also wanna add that the new GUI is just marvelous and
> makes a lot more fun to use.

three cheers for Martin, Michael, Glynn & the rest on a wonderful job.

Hamish