[GRASS-user] v.proj failed

Markus GRASS markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 17 15:01:10 EDT 2009

Tim Michelsen wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to reproject a vector from latlon/wgs84 to a UTM/projected
> location
>
> The program aborts with the message:
>
> v.proj: split_q.c:69: RTreeClassify: Assertion `!p->taken[i]' failed.
>
> What does this mean?
Bug in the spatial index.

> How can I get around this?
Maybe outside grass with ogr2ogr -t_srs

If the latlon region crosses the 180E/W border, this is an inherent bug
that could only be fixed by modifying vector coordinates outside grass
AFAIKT.

Please report to trac and if possible make the vector available as
attachment or a link. UTM projection parameters (EPSG code or proj4
string) may also be helpful to reproduce the problem.

Markus M