[GRASS-user] predict.glm and predict.gam output

Anke Konrad akonrad at nmsu.edu
Thu Jun 18 15:22:39 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I am currently trying to compare different plant occurrence prediction
maps generated in R and exported into GRASS. One of these maps was
generated from a glm fitted to some data, and subsequently applying this
glm model to a wider region using predict.glm. The outcome here was a
probability of occurrence. The second map I generated using a gam
(mgcv), however, this map seems to have assigned something like a
negative log-likelihood of occurrence to each raster cell in the region.
Since I would like to compare the two, I would like to figure out a way
of having the same kind of output from the "predict" functions (either
probability OR negative log-likelihood). Does anyone know of a way of
changing the output options? And if not, does anyone have any
suggestions of how I could deal with this issue?

Thank you!