[GRASS-user] problem creating point layer from CSV file

John A Stevenson john.stevenson at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Jun 23 08:41:56 EDT 2009

To set the column type in db.in.ogr for a csv file, you have to create
another file (e.g. points_in.csvt) with the column types.

See:
g.manual db.in.ogr

or

http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_csv.html

Alternatively, load the csv file with v.in.ascii, which will give you a
chance to describe the column types.

Later

John