[GRASS-user] Landsat classification workflow

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Tue Jun 23 13:34:55 EDT 2009

Koen Hufkens wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm looking for a tutorial on classifying landsat images with GRASS.
>
> I can't seem to find anything on the web. Some pointers would be nice.

One of the first places I check for ideas on image classification is
posts from the California Soil Resource Lab , i.e.:
http://casoilresource.lawr.ucdavis.edu/drupal/node/159
http://casoilresource.lawr.ucdavis.edu/drupal/node/548

and I've taken a stab at outlining the image processing steps
(ortho-photos, not Landsat, but the concepts are the same)
http://my.arava.co.il/~micha/blog/?p=3

Regards,
Micha