[GRASS-user] r.roughness needs bc

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 26 08:54:27 EDT 2009

Manuel Seeger wrote:
> I'm trying to use r.roughness on windows vista, built from
> the osgeo4w.

[addon script]

> Unfortunately we get the following message:
> /which: bc: unknown command
> r.roughness: bc required, please install it first/
>
> /What is bc?/
>
> /Where can I get this?/

it is a little UNIX calculator program. maybe it is available in
the msys terminal or the osgeo4w advanced install? or maybe not.

I've attached a djgpp(?) compiled bc.exe, might work, might not..

most if not all of the official shell scripts have been
rewritten to use awk instead of bc, as awk is a bit more common.

Hamish