[GRASS-user] v.delaunay Bug in Mac OS X

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Jun 26 10:40:06 EDT 2009

On Jun 26, 2009, at 9:21 AM, Paul Kelly wrote:

> Hello all,
> Last week I asked the author of the new v.delaunay if he could have
> a look at this, but I haven't heard back from him yet. FWIW I can't
> reproduce the problem with today's 6.4 release branch on a 32-bit
> Linux system (Slackware 12.2).
>
> On Tue, 16 Jun 2009, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>
>> I don't see any changes in v.delaunay itself from RC4, though maybe
>> there are changes in the vector libraries.  Did this work in RC4?
>>
>> A big difference in RC5 for OSX is that it's now 64bit.
>
> Does this affect all builds on OS X? If so, it seems like a rather
> drastic change when the 6.4 release branch is in critical bugfix
> only mode preparing for release - I fear a change to 64-bit binaries
> could trigger obscure bugs that might not be found for a long time.
> Not something to do just before the release IMHO.

Michael did try it on 32bit OSX with the same results.  And also said
it happened on a previous 6.4RC that was 32bit only.

As far as the 'drastic' change, this was a bugfix - fixed for trunk
and dev6

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/431

and backported to release:

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/36838

I didn't see it attached to a ticket, though I did notice the backport
in:

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/597