[GRASS-user] hardware requirements for running r.sun

buraq zakkey at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 10:07:57 EDT 2009

Hi,
I have a notebook with T7200 Intel CPU and r.sun completes one day's
calculation between 3-4 mins(with linke turbidity raster and shadowing, step
= 1). I want to run r.sun with step=0.5 in a large scale and detailed area.
So, I need to reduce the calculation time for calculating 365 day data.
Could you give me advices about hardware for reducing calculation time?

Thanks

Regards...