[GRASS-user] Multiple v.net.path parameters

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 30 23:01:41 EDT 2009

J. Holden wrote:
> I am looking to use v.net.path to determine the distance of
> many different points to many different other points on a
> network.
>
> Is it possible to send multiple parameters to v.net.path?
> For instance, I have (in theory) 4 points connected to a
> network. I want to find the distance of the line segments
> between points 1 and 4, 2 and 4, & 3 and 4.

run 3 times and then combine with v.patch?

> I want to:
> run v.net.path once by passing multiple parameters;
> get vector line output of each of these three paths found
> by v.net.path in one output file;
> calculate the distance of each line from the file using
> v.to.db.
>
> Since this is not a module of GRASS which I have worked
> with in the past, I am wondering if this is possible.

IIUC something like this has newly been worked on as part of the
Google Summer of Code project by Daniel Bundala.

http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/GSoC_Network_Analysis

you might want to contact him and act as a beta tester for his
new modules. (find him on the OSGeo SoC mailing list)

Hamish