[GRASS-user] How to make a conversion of ERSI Grid ASCII==>USGS DEM?

Illidan illidan.modeler at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 10:26:10 EST 2009

I'm overall new to GIS. But my work has to rely on USGS DEM formatted
data, so I cannot run away.

However, I'm only fortunate enough to get DEM data in ESRI ASCII
format. That's why I have to do a conversion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESRI_grid

I guess ESRI ASCII format is well-known to GIS guys. Maybe I made a
mistake mixing e00 up with ESRI ASCII. A friend of mine, who is now a
newbie GIS engineer, told me that ESRI ASCII was the same thing as e00
file.