[GRASS-user] intersection of network-lines and areas

achim ak7 at jupiter.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Mar 2 09:48:51 EST 2009

I have many rivers flow into sinks. For each I'd like to find out, whats
the hole watershed.
Moreover I have some predefined areas (like raster-cells), that must be
devided into their basins (with repect to the boundary cells).

So I have to define the points, where the river-network has its extreme
points/where the points with highest accumulation-values are.

I understand, that I need only one point for r.water.outlet:
-> how do I find out the E and N of the starting-cell? Its a CELL and
there are falling many coordinates within.

-> how do I give r.water.outlet a list of my desired "starting-cells"
(their coordinates)

btw: I tried with those small basins produced by r.watershed to extract
the boundaries crossed by rivers: that didn't work (with what I did). On
the other hand the outled solution would be a bit more precise, if it
would work ;-)

achim