[GRASS-user] How update vector layers?

Vincent Bain bain at toraval.fr
Sat Mar 7 15:00:21 EST 2009

If you are sure category values don't overlap, then you can use the -a
flag. But in this case I would NOT give both arguments -a and -e;
i.e. given that the sugarcane map already has a related table, the
features from sugarcane_update will populate the table with new rows (it
is the reason why cat numbers, which tag geometrical features, should be
distinct from previous rows in the sugarcane table)...
Else you can try to create a new map :
v.patch -e in=sugarcane,sugarcane_update out=merge,

If you suspect duplicate objets (e.g. adjacent areas boundaries), don't
forget to run v.clean with the tool rmdupl.

Vincent.