[GRASS-user] How update vector layers?

Vincent Bain bain at toraval.fr
Sat Mar 7 15:21:33 EST 2009

Having a look at the man page of the v.patch command, I was surprised by
a semantic ambiguity : saying v.patch "Create[s] a new vector map layer
by combining other vector map layers" sounds quite odd, shouldn't we
say :"Create a new vector map by combining other vector maps", given
that only layer 1 is supported ? well, maybe there is no confusion and
I misunderstand something ?

In the current french translation of wxpython GUI, there are several
confusions between these notions of maps and layers*, which IMHO should
be clearly distinguished if we want to show a coherent vector data
model.

Bye,
VB

* I know I should keep working on translation files, but for the moment
I'm really over-loaded.