[GRASS-user] How update vector layers?

Vincent Bain bain at toraval.fr
Sun Mar 8 06:56:15 EDT 2009

Thybério,
as Markus said, you cannot proceed this way because your output map is
already involved in the patch process. So using the -a option, you must
not include the target map.

Try : v.patch -a -e --overwrite input=sugarcane_update output=sugarcane
To work safely regarding your database structure, I would suggest you to
test on a copy of map sugarcane (again : particularly be sure of
non-overlaping cat values...)

Keep trying, you'll get it !

Vincent