[GRASS-stats] Re: [GRASS-user] Testing i.pca ~ prcomp(), m.eigensystem ~ princomp()

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue Mar 10 06:48:38 EDT 2009

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009, Nikos Alexandris wrote:

> On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 14:26 +0100, Nikos Alexandris wrote:

>>> I find it hard to follow these long mails. Why not enjoying the
>>> GRASS Wiki to stabilize the documentation and comparisons?
>>>
>>> Markus
>>
>> Yes, why not? Hmmm, you mean to put these stuff already in the Wiki
>> before we are sure about the one last and very important variable
>> (=eigenvalues reported by  i.pca)?
>>
>> Kind regards, Nikos
>
> I've started the PCA grass-wiki page. I am trying to build it... step by
> step. Expert advice is always welcome and highly appreciated.
>
> http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Principal_Component_Analysis

Good, thanks. There you say that you are using "some MODIS surface
reflectance products". I guess it will be easier to check things if the
data (GRASS location) are available, so that others can try the same
calculations. Would it be possible to make one or more test sets
available, and link them from thw Wiki?

Roger