AW: [GRASS-user] Project map

Stefanie Obmann stef_ob at gmx.at
Wed Mar 11 10:09:46 EDT 2009

Hi!

I have another question concerning the projection of my vector layers.
I projected them by importing them from a mapset with geographic prj to a
mapset with lambert projection. V.out.ascii shows new coordinates which is
fine...

My question:
If I save my vector map as shp.-file for another GIS (ARCGIS in my case)
what projection does it use? My attribute table shows gg. Coordinates as in
GRASS. So do I have to project it another time?
(I also get a spatial reference alert back from the new GIS)

Thanks,

Steffi