[GRASS-user] Plot 3D Drillholes in Grass GIS

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Thu Mar 12 00:55:13 EDT 2009

Hi Casey,

You can take a look at
"Construction and Visualization of a Three Dimensional Geologic Model
Using GRASS GIS"
Transactions in GIS Volume 8 Issue 2, Pages 211 - 223
http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/fulltext/118806744/PDFSTART

Casey Vandenberg wrote:
> I was wondering if anybody is familiar with ways of plotting drill hole
> data in Grass (i.e. to visualize in NVIZ or to manage attributes, query
> etc...) based on point features with known dip, strike and azimuth angles.
>
> I have come across a paper (Development of Visualization Tools for
> Geologic Information on Grass GIS) which seems to do just that, however
> as far as I can tell it has not been released or provided to the Grass
> Community.

"Development of Visualization Tools for Geologic Information on Grass
GIS" is available at
http://wgrass.media.osaka-cu.ac.jp/gisideas06/viewpaper.php?id=170

The corresponding author of the above paper are preparing to publish a
detailed paper on the above work and will release to the GRASS
community. Not sure how soon.

Best regards

Venka