AW: [GRASS-user] Project map

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Mar 13 05:19:42 EDT 2009

On 11/03/09 15:09, Stefanie Obmann wrote:
> My question:
> If I save my vector map as shp.-file for another GIS (ARCGIS in my case)
> what projection does it use?

The projection of the location you export from, so in your case the Lambert.

> My attribute table shows gg. Coordinates as in
> GRASS. So do I have to project it another time?
> (I also get a spatial reference alert back from the new GIS)

Your attribute table has nothing to do with the projection system your
map is in. If the table contains columns with coordinates, these
probably date from before the projection. If you want to replace these,
use v.to.db upload=coor in the Lambert location.

Moritz