[GRASS-user] GRASS 6.3.0 shutdown

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Mar 13 12:56:14 EDT 2009

On 11/03/09 15:33, Andrew Lewin wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am a new GRASS user.  Every time I import a shapefile using v.in.ogr
> the program shuts downs.

Could you please give a bit more information, such as OS, version of
GRASS, exact command you use (including parameter settings), etc.

Note that (except on Windows) it's not the program that shuts down, but
the graphical user interface, so you can just type 'g.gui &' on the
command line to relaunch it.

> Can anyone tell me why?

Probably some error in the v.in.ogr command that is not caught correctly
in the interface. You could try to launch the same command on the
command line to see if there is an error there.

Moritz