[GRASS-user] Map Collars

Chris h chris123 at magma.ca
Mon Mar 16 08:45:28 EDT 2009

Greets:

New to grass and just finished building the latest release. What I would like
to accomplish is a simple personal project and that is to stitch together the
NOAA Raster charts for the Eastern Seaboard then tile them up and make them
available via a wms server to feed and open source nagivation app gpsdrive.

The first issue to tackle is to remove the collars of the NOAA charts. I've
searched the archives and there are only two dated posts and both recommend
shapefiles. Well there are no shapefiles for the Atlantic or other water
bodies so this method cannot work.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas it would be greatly appreciated on how
to remove map collars of NOAA charts.

Best regards and many thanks.
--
/ch