[GRASS-user] making an area with existing lines

hardinej hardinej at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 12:45:16 EDT 2009

Hello,
I have two vector lines and I want to limit operations to the the area in
between these lines. I've had some ideas about how to do this, but I really
don't know how to. I don't know if this extra info would be useful, but here
it is: the lines are a road and a shoreline, the are roughly parallel, and
they do not cross. At first I thought maybe I could export them as ascii,
concatenate the list and import as an area, then convert to a raster that I
could use as a mask. I don't actually know if this would work because I was
having some troubles exporting the vector files, they were blank. But
anyway, if anyone could let me know what they think, that would be great.
Thanks,
Eric