[GRASS-user] v.sample - help!

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Wed Mar 25 18:44:20 EDT 2009

OK, this is strange.

I am using v.sample to determine whether a point falls inside or outside a
simple raster (only two colors - white and brown).

The vector points have only two columns in the table: cat, and an integer value
(327670) - the aim is that the result will be 0 where the point is on the white
background, and some other number when the vector is on the brown.

The vector is connected to a MySQL table, and the category numbers are unique (I
made sure of this).

The error is:

DBMI-MySQL driver error:
Cannot execute:
insert into ACT_900 values ( 3, 3.000000e+00, 3.276700e+04, 3.276400e+04  )
Duplicate entry '3' for key 'ACT_900_cat'

(v.sample has worked okay on other maps and tables so I'm completely stumped!).

Richard Chirgwin