[GRASS-user] Re: [GRASS-dev] call for volunteers - urgent need for Windows Vista binaries

Colin Nielsen colin.nielsen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 19:41:26 EDT 2009

I should have looked harder before I hit "Send", I just found Marco's
instructions on creating the standalone installer.
<http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/develbranch_6/mswindows>

If modified to the osgeo4w tree, new native installers should be
relatively easy to create. The wingrass team seems to be a little
divided right now (native, mingw/msys, osgeo4w, cygwin, not to mention
lots of different user & developer wiki pages saying different
things), is there a consensus on where to take wingrass? (I should
note that I'm relatively new to the scene and therefore may be missing
longer-term trends and discussions.)

-Colin