[GRASS-user] Complex operations with r.mapcalc

fulvio fulvio.mastrogiovanni at unige.it
Tue Mar 31 10:21:13 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I am requested to produce a new raster map from already available ones, with the purpose of ranking each cell according to some criteria, e.g., beauty. For instance, if a given cell contains vegetation, this should increase this ranking.

It seems appropriate to use r.mapcalc. However, what is unclear to me is how to sum up all contributions from the various maps, discriminating between categories within the single raster map.

Could you provide me with an example of this?

Thanks!

Fulvio