[GRASS-user] Should the location or mapset be created everytime?

apachemaven apachemaven at yeah.net
Tue Mar 31 22:40:48 EDT 2009

sorry I dinot describe exactly.

I am working on a webservice which intend to handle data(mainly are the HDF4,) by grass,since the grass do not support the hdf,then I try to transfer the hdf4 to geotiff with gdal ,then import the tif to grass,the problem comes out ,should I create a new location and mapset for each geotiff each time??

ps:
If my current location is usa ,and I import a tif of china ,what can happen? If I should creat a new loaction but I have not seen the tif before and I donot know the location then how to do ?