[GRASS-user] v.whar.vect does not respond

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon May 4 15:45:33 EDT 2009

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 5:19 PM, Nikos Alexandris
<nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
> Since last update of grass6_devel (a few days back) v.what.vect does not
> "work" anymore!?
>
> It starts counting some percentages and then... that was it. It just
> stays there...
>
> Anyone had/has issues with it before I spend time on trying to debug?

I tried in Spearfish:

g.copy vect=archsites,myarchsites
v.db.addcol myarchsites col="owner varchar(25)"
v.what.vect myarchsites qvect=fields column=owner qcolumn=label
# verification:
v.db.select myarchsites

No problem... Add -x to the first line in the v.what.vect script to
see the script execution stepwise. Then you'll see where is
stops:
http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_Debugging#Shell_script_debugging

Markus