[GRASS-user] Error in sqlite3_step()

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon May 4 17:38:14 EDT 2009

On 04/05/09 15:20, Nikos Alexandris wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-05-04 at 15:07 +0200, Nikos Alexandris wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> Count another error here:
>> "Error in sqlite3_step():
>> database is locked"
>>
>> All I am trying to do is:
>> v.what.rast vector=points raster=FINAL column=test
>

> WoW :-O
>
> All of a sudden, I can't copy vector maps, drop or add columns anymore.
> I checked dbase connections and all looks fine. The problem started
> after trying to use v.what.rast and then sqlitebrowser to remove some
> column.
>
> Could it be a sqlitebrowser side-effect?

IIRC, if you use sqlitebrowser, you need to save your changes, before
being able to access the db from GRASS.

BTW, has anyone compared sqlitebrowser to the sqlite manager add-on to
firefox [1,2] ? After very rough first trials I have the feeling that
the latter actually has a nicer feel to it, but need to do more testing...

Moritz

[1] https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/5817
[2] http://code.google.com/p/sqlite-manager/