[GRASS-user] v.whar.vect does not respond

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue May 5 01:57:03 EDT 2009

Nikos wrote:
> + exec v.distance from=burned_area_sample_1_points to=sample_1_grid
> column=gridcell to_column=cat upload=to_attr dmax=0.0 from_layer=1
> to_layer=1
> 100%
> 100%
> 100%
>
> ## Here it waits... waits... maybe just wait? I am _sure_
> it did not take too long some last time when I tried this with the
> same map(s) ##
>
> Currently I am watching the same process ran via strace! It
> throws out numerous lseek/lread messages. I'll give it some time but
> something is wrong because it takes too much time.

ok so v.distance is taking a very long time.

can you try with "v.what.vect --vebose" ? that should give some more
messages from v.distance instead of just 100% 100% 100%.

also, you can turn on the debug messages:

g.gisenv set="DEBUG=1"

turn it up to 2,3,.. to get more messages. set it back to 0 to turn them
off.

I see one in v.distance "G_debug(3, "SQL: %s", db_get_string(&stmt));"

maybe more DB troubles?

Hamish