[GRASS-user] v.vol.rst basic questions

Christian Ferreira chris.for.lists at googlemail.com
Tue May 12 05:51:27 EDT 2009

Hi Hamish

> Here is a try adjusting res3 to 0.000278 (30m), zmult to
> > the same number and dmin to 0.001
> >
> > http://picasaweb.google.com/chris.for.lists/Map#5334573425418213906
>
> volume seems 90deg roated?!

No idea too... :(

> > This was a test... the best is probably how you are saying
> > below...
>
> it is a good test to do..
> have you done the same thing with UTM before had had good results?

Yes, I have data from a underwater volcano... some dives with a ROV that
collected a lot of temperature measurements surrounding this volcano.

Since the data was in UTM, the results went well.

For this area at Peru, I will convert the data to UTM and give it a second
try.

BTW, thank very much for all your comments.

Note to the GRASS' documentation team: should be better to mention at the
v.vol.rst man page that this module works better (or exclusively) with UTM
locations.
Otherwise, this question (like mine) will appear again and again.

Regards,
Chris

--
Christian Ferreira