[GRASS-user] Re: gridding ASCII xyz data using near neighbour technique

Seb spluque at gmail.com
Tue May 19 06:15:39 EDT 2009

On Tue, 19 May 2009 09:27:18 +0200,
Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

[...]

> r.in.xyz is probably what you need, but it doesn't allow you to supply
> a specific radius (it calculates the mean of all the points falling
> into a cell in a given resolution). I would imagine that it should be
> possible to add a radius option to r.in.xyz.

> How about a combination of v.in.ascii + v.to.rast + r.neighbors ?

Yes, I just experimented with that and got some reasonable results.  But
honestly, I don't understand what I'm doing with 'v.to.rast'.  What does
it do to multiple values occurring in the same cell?  How about values
occurring between cells?  Anyway, thanks for the suggestions, the
sequence does produce good results.

--
Seb