[GRASS-user] new paper in press

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed May 20 15:06:00 EDT 2009

2009/5/20 Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann <carlos.grohmann at gmail.com>:
> Just a little bit of self-advertising..
>
> Grohmann, C.H., Riccomini,C., 2009 (IN PRESS). Comparison of
> roving-window and search-window techniques for characterising
> landscape morphometry.
> Computers & Geosciences.
> http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cageo.2008.12.014
>
> PDF (uncorrected proof) :
> http://www.igc.usp.br/pessoais/guano/downloads/Grohmann_Riccomini_2009_CAGEO_uncorrected_proof.pdf

Very nice.

While we are at it, we never advertised this great book :-)

T. Hengl and H.I. Reuter (eds), 2009: Geomorphometry:
Concepts, software, applications. Elsevier. 796 pages
http://www.geomorphometry.org/book.asp
http://www.elsevierdirect.com/product.jsp?isbn=9780123743459

Very interesting, because it contains a competition of
10 software packages on the same data set (which you can
download from the web site). Also much theory behind
geomorphometry is explained.

Certainly GRASS is included:
J. Hofierka, H. Mitasova, and M. Neteler, 2009: Terrain parameterization
in GRASS. In T. Hengl and H.I. Reuter, editors, Geomorphometry:
Concepts, software, applications. Elsevier (doi:10.1016/S0166-2481(08)00017-2).

Cheers
Markus