[GRASS-user] GRASS 6.4 RC4 freezing—.dbf problem?

Kurt Springs ferret_bard at mac.com
Wed May 20 20:57:12 EDT 2009

One of my projects keeps causing GRASS to freeze when I resize the map
window.  I am using GRASS 6.4 RC 4 on OS X.  I tried another project
and it resizes fine.  I think I know what the problem is.  I used the
spreadsheet in Openoffice to adjust a .dbf file.  The STR_1 column
originally read #1 %64 @"Cat. 64".  I needed the Cat. 64 for a label
on my map so I edited the column to read just Cat. 64.  Is grass
looking for the #1 %64 with the quotation marks?  Would this cause
GRASS to freeze and would the problem be solved by replacing the
codes.  If this is the case, can I add a column that will just be Cat.
64 with no ill effects, and use that as my label?

Any advice will be appreciated