[GRASS-user] Re: GRASS-6.4 error

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon May 25 12:35:56 EDT 2009

There is no need to uninstall anything to update.

On May 22, 2009, at 5:38 PM, Lee Eddington wrote:

> William,
>
> Thank you for replying.  Do I need to uninstall this version before
> installing the latest or will it update automatically?
>
> Best regards,
> Lee
>

> --- On Fri, 5/22/09, William Kyngesburye <woklist at kyngchaos.com>
> wrote:
>
>> From: William Kyngesburye <woklist at kyngchaos.com>
>> Subject: Re: GRASS-6.4 error
>> To: "Lee Eddington" <lee_eddington at yahoo.com>
>> Cc: "Glynn Clements" <glynn at gclements.plus.com>, "grass-user list" <grass-user at lists.osgeo.org
>> >
>> Date: Friday, May 22, 2009, 2:44 PM
>> On May 22, 2009, at 3:48 PM, Lee
>> Eddington wrote:
>>
>>> I am trying to run GRASS-6.4 for Mac OS X for the
>> first time as a GRASS user and am having the following
>> problem.
>>> and an error window that says "Error setting region
>> (Problem with g.region?): child killed: trace trap".
>> There is an "OK" button on this window, but when I click on
>> it nothing happens.
>>> new-host-2:~ lee$
>> /Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Versions/1.6/Programs/gdalinfo
>>> dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
>>>   Referenced from:
>> /Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Versions/1.6/Libraries/libpq.dylib
>>>   Reason: Incompatible library version:
>> libpq.dylib requires version 7.0.0 or later, but
>> libiconv.2.dylib provides version 5.0.0
>>> Trace/BPT trap
>>>

>>> So I guess I need a more current version of
>> libpq.dylib, but I'm not sure on how to go about getting and
>> properly installing it.
>>

>> There was a problem with the GDAL 1.6.1 framework on OSX
>> Tiger where I bundled the Leopard libpq by accident.
>> It should be fixed in GDAL 1.6.1-3.
>>
>> When GDAL has a problem, it doesn't show up when you start
>> GRASS, only when you try to run a module.
>>

>> PS. the mailing lists are a better place to ask questions -
>> others may have a similar problem and are either too timid
>> to ask, or don't know what to ask, or it may not be a direct
>> problem with my binary packages.  And any answers will
>> then be available to others in the archives.  (I'm
>> cc-ing the user list)
>>
>> -----
>> William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos*at*kyngchaos*dot*com>
>> http://www.kyngchaos.com/
>>
>> "Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so."
>>
>> - Ford Prefect

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled
with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in a
bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy