[GRASS-user] grass-python scripting error

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue May 26 01:04:11 EDT 2009

Milton wrote:
> >> I will try this, but was thinking, as my plataform is not win32
> >> (I am running amd64 or x64) if with the change :
> >>      if sys.platform == "win32":
> >> if it will also work for my case?!

Glynn:
> > It depends upon whether Python uses a different value for
> > sys.platform on 64-bit systems. I don't have such a system, so
> > I don't know.

Martin:
> what about platform.system() == 'Windows' ?

to expand on Martin's question, could you (or anyone with 64bit MS
Windows) find and run python.exe from a cmd.exe DOS box and post the
results of typing the following commands at the '>>>' prompt:

import sys
sys.platform

import os
os.name
os.environ
os.environ['OS']

import platform
platform.system()

?

Is this MS Vista 64bit on an X2,3,4 AMD64 chip?

thanks,
Hamish