[GRASS-user] division in v.db.update or sql expression + db.execute results always "zero"

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Thu May 28 06:41:14 EDT 2009

Hi list.

I am testing the following:

#using grass6_dev, compiled some weeks ago
# with v.db.update
v.db.update sample_1 column=exprtest value="burned/reference"

# sql expression
echo "UPDATE sample_1_grid_points SET exprtest=burned_pix / 10" |
db.execute

and I always get a "0". Multiplication, addition and subtraction work
fine but division seems not.

Looking for pointers with respect to division and v.db.update/ SQL
expression + db.execute, I have found in the archive some posts of
Moritz [1]. Is this (still) a bug?

Kind regards, Nikos

[1] http://n2.nabble.com/Fwd%
3A-calculate-values-of-an-attribute-table-column-tc1885693.html#a1885698