[GRASS-user] Hamradio and GRASS (slightly OT)

Paulo 'Pmarc' Marcondes pmarc.debian at gmail.com
Fri May 29 15:17:18 EDT 2009

HI fellow GRASS'ers!

As you are probably aware, I am amateur radio too (see callsign at sig)

I am using GRASS in order to gather information to base my proposal
for affiliation to SOTA (Summits on the Air).

In SOTA, points are awarded to ham that set stations on top of known
summits, according to the heigth of that summit.
There is a prominence cutoff for a summit to qualify.

I decided to go for a gis-based approach for selecion and management
of qualifying summits.
( I would like to have a prominence tool in grass, but I can't code...)

My finds are on my ham-blog: http://hamstuff.blogspot.com (mainly PT-BR, sorry)
--
Paulo Marcondes = PU1/PU2PIX
-22.915 -43.224 = GG87jc <= Corrected !