[GRASS-user] .debs for latest proj, geos, gdal, grass64, gdal-grass-plugin, qgis_unstable under Karmic-64

Νίκος Νίκος
Mon Nov 2 23:20:42 EST 2009

Under Ubuntu Karmic 64-bit, I have used checkinstall after compiling
latest proj, geos, gdal, grass64, gdal-grass-plugin and qgis_unstable
for the installation. This created .deb packages [*].

Now I tested installing the respective dependencies, a
custom /etc/ld.so.conf file and then the "custom" debs in another
machine and all seems to work fine.

Is there any interest to test if this works on other Karmic's? Where
could I potentially upload if there is any interest?

@Jachym: do you still maintain debs?

Best regards, Nikos

---
[*] size - filename:

 1.8M proj-from-source_4.6.1_amd64.deb
 9.1M geos-from-source_3.1.1_amd64.deb
16.0M gdal-from-source_1.3.0-2_amd64.deb
16.0M grass64-release_6.4.0_amd64.deb
70.0K gdal-grass-from-source_1.4.3_amd64.deb
25.0M qgis_unstable_20091102_amd64.deb