[GRASS-user] grass-6.4.0RC5 configure problem

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Nov 6 08:38:57 EST 2009

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009, kingsley burlinson wrote:

> Im not sure, but check which of your 2 readline versions libreadline.so is linked to
> libreadline.so.5.2

Kingsley,

   Well, duh! Every now and then there's an old library version (in this case
4.3 from 2006) that is inadvertently left behind or added back when I
restore files from an upgrade. They sit there causing no problem until I
build an application that gets confused.

   That's what heppened here. It happens infrequently enough that I forget
the cause from one time to the next.

Thank you for the reminder,

Rich