[GRASS-user] r.sun and r.horizon

Jonathan Greenberg greenberg at ucdavis.edu
Fri Nov 6 14:41:18 EST 2009

I saw some posts by Markus about getting r.horizon and r.sun "synced"
(such that the output files of r.horizon correspond to the time steps of
r.sun)-- I was wondering if there are any conclusions on how best to use
r.horizon and r.sun together so they most closely mimic using the -s
shadow flag, specifically with daily integrations.  We're about to start
doing some MASSIVE r.sun processing (input DEM ~ 80gb) so we'd like to
know how to pre-calculate the horizon info to speed this up.  Thanks!

--j

--
Jonathan A. Greenberg, PhD
Postdoctoral Scholar