[GRASS-user] Problem launching GRASS from Ubuntu menu...

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 05:51:43 EST 2009

Hello grassyjohn,
I feel sorry for You that You had to "bang Your head against wall" to
get GRASS running. Some time a go there was a fix in GRASS to prevent
such problems but it got reverted by other developers as "user should
know what he does and deserves failure if he doesn't". [1] You can add
GRASS to menu, but You have to mark "launch in terminal" (or how it's
called on Gnome) option.

Maris.

1. http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2009-September/046458.html