[GRASS-user] New version of r.stream.order

Jarosław Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Mon Nov 9 09:47:55 EST 2009

Hi all!

I updated r.stream order to the new version.
In new version Horton and Hack do not require accum map. It use the
longest stream length (calculated internally) to determine both Hack and
Horton. But accum it is still leave as an option. So now Hack stream
order indicate the longest (previously most accumulated) stream in the
catchment. Due to the module do not require to read huge accum maps for
horton and hack orders it works almost twice faster than previously.

I also added r.stream.del (see more in description) but its
functionality  is now integrated with r.stream.extract so I add it only
as an option for r.watershed. It will be probably depreciated  in the
future.

regards
Jarek Jasiewicz