[GRASS-user] r.in.arc Beyond the Man Page

M S mseibel at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 14:29:37 EST 2009

I've imported arc/info GRIDs before, but from .e00 files, or more
recently the exports from the arctoolbox as .txt files, which are
ascii files.  I believe the files listed below are binary arc/info
GRID files.

Given the excerpt from the r.in.arc manpage, it seems to need an ascii file. (?)

"r.in.arc allows a user to create a (binary) GRASS raster map layer
from an ESRI ARC/INFO ascii GRID file with (optional) title."

Mark