[GRASS-user] r.in.gdal Successful; No Map Display with Python GUI

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Nov 14 15:07:35 EST 2009

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009, Martin Landa wrote:

> I am not fully sure if I understand well. Anyway, right click on the map
> layer and "Zoom to selected map(s)" ?

Martin,

   The wxPython UI lets me zoom and pan, but there is nothing to be seen. I
just ran r.support, but that made no difference.

   When r.in.gdal runs on an ARC/Info GRID file, is the result a raster
surface or a sites file with (in the current situation) 461,968,584 points?
If the latter, then I suppose that I need to run s.to.rast3 or s.surf.rast.
Do I also need to run g.region again before doing the latter?

Thanks,

Rich