[GRASS-user] Data Import and Coordinate Information

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sun Nov 15 02:19:15 EST 2009

>  As an aside, I don't see a menu item (under File, I suppose it should be)
> to create a new location and map set for a new import. As a result, I exit
> grass and restart it. That's too Microsoftish to be correct.

v.in.ogr - Convert OGR vector layers to GRASS vector map:
http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/html64_user/v.in.ogr.html

[...]
If the user wishes to import the data with the full projection definition, it is possible to have v.in.ogr automatically create a new location based on the projection and extents of the file being read. This is accomplished by passing the name to be used for the new location via the location parameter. Upon completion of the command, a new location will have been created (with only a PERMANENT mapset), and the vector map will have been imported with the indicated output name into the PERMANENT mapset.
[...]

best regards
helmut
DSL-Preisknaller: DSL-Komplettpakete von WEB.DE schon für
16,99 Euro/mtl.!* Hier klicken: http://produkte.web.de/go/02/